Friday, May 24, 2013

Lifes My Dragonfly

The sun sweetly kisses the awakening blossoms. It dries the dew, so kind.
The wind teases trees with a dream of movement. The trees although don't mind.
The berries are bursting with colors of red, purple and blue.
The soft smell of summer is so honest and true.
The fish as if flying, springing to the sky, to catch the dragonflies passing by.
Me?  I live here, yes, I do.
Everyday I wake up learning something new.
With my children and my husband and our little farm. They give me patience and love with all their charm.
Some I'm lucky, some say I'm strange, some say it sounds like "Home On The Range."
When I look at my field, over the trees
up,
     up,
          up,
               into the sky,
I imagine I'm a fish and life's my dragonfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment