Saturday, March 1, 2014

Why I do it...


           It’s like an impulse. An uncontrollable addiction. Words woven together like vines covering a hidden sacred place. Trapped inside the chaos of myself all I can do is invite others in. I do it to burn emotion through the souls of those who feel nothing. I do it to bring life back to things forgotten. I do it to tell a story of something unimaginable. I give taste to colors deliciously brilliant. Allowing you to feel sound described so vividly it’s as if a breeze goes straight through you. I give tears to the hollowness that somehow suffocates our ability to sob. To strike fear that rips and tares through to the surface reviling itself as goose bumps on your delicate skin.

 I do it to give someone purpose. I do it to give comfort and hope when tomorrow feels years away. I am a companion when lonely is all you know. Inspiring words or a figurative hug. Compelling a smile to your face when melancholy is infesting your spirit. I do it to illuminate light when darkness cloaks over you. I will push laughter through your drowning tears. I do it to create poetic ripples of emotion dramatically varying with each cover chosen.

When my binding is opened and the words are set free. My mind will inevitably wrap you fantasy. Nothing is more sensual than holding my false reality in your hands for your eyes to caress. I have the power to transform your most personal and suppressed thoughts into what I wish you to dream. You see what I want. You snoop around in my circus of a mind. Only to discover you’ve been guided by my voice with every turning page. For you it is a journey, for me a release.

I carry no burdens. You carry them for me. Oblivious to the fact that you contract the emotions that I am injecting. Stories of terror will forever be feared. Love stories that warm you from deep within will forever have the ability be revisited. Memories embalmed into my bindings to forever be preserved. I yearn for your curiosity and humbly bow at your feet as you dance gracefully with my carefully chosen words. That my reader; that is why I write.  

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Ms. Ivory, the urge to write something quite euphoric, isn't it? It can also be frustrating, mind numbing, but like a drug, we keep reaching for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You described exactly how I feel about writing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete